Saturday, July 11, 2009

Lemon Meringue Bombe: Birthday Cake Alternative


My aunt, a.k.a. The Artisan Kitchen Secretary, always has a wild blueberry with a hint of lemon in the filling for her birthday "cake". It honestly throws everyone off that she wants the cake baker to make her a pie.

However, this year she threw me for a loop when she said "Meri, I think I'd like something lemon for my birthday"--WOW I thought! Then, I remembered my last trip to California and the wonderful lemon meringue cake I had at the famed San Fran bakery Tartine.



So we recreated this tangy dessert which we will enjoy at the brand new Mezza Luna Restaurant this evening- check out our holiday menus on the website www.theartisankitchen.com for our new Lemon Bombe!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails