Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cake Design & Consultation

Cake designs are very personal. I always tell brides and other clients, "You may have a vision, but until you and I sketch it out I can not see into your mind".
Miscommunications have happened and we've come up with a few easy ways to avoid them.
1)We ask that all customers come in for a sketch session.
1A) If you cannot make it in to see me, we require customers to choose a standard cake from our website, not someone elses website.
This avoids any miscommunication and allows our customers to know what they'll be getting from the beginning.
I also believe that artist and designer has strengths and weaknesses, and sometimes another designer may be able to do something that I cannot do. Just think, Jackson Pollock wouldn't have painted the Mona Lisa. That said: every artist in every medium has boundaries.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails